The role of open source in your SD-WAN strategy
Sorell Slaymaker, Principal Analyst at TechVision Research and Amir Zmora, CEO of flexiWAN share their view on the path to SD-WAN, how market requirements change over time and the role of open source in supporting this change.
In this webinar you will learn:
- How open source will lead to a de facto SD-WAN standard
- Why service providers are choosing to resell multiple SD-WAN vendors in order to service different market segments
- How a modular architecture can streamline the service
offering across market segments
The live event was on May 19 & 20, 2020
For the first time in 25 years, we are putting in the network solutions that do not have an IETF defined protocol standard. Today’s SD-WAN solutions are not cross vendor compatible. When we interconnect SD-WAN solutions, we must go back to the least common denominator of IP BGP & IPSec hence, we lose all of the inherent functionality of SD-WAN. Will open source create a de facto SD-WAN standard to streamline end-to-end services? The webinar will also review takeaways from the +90 page TechVision SD-WAN report.
SD-WAN Architect | TechVision Research
- B.S. & M.E. in Telecom Engineering
- Started working on the Internet in 1987 - Ran Midnet 1993-7
- Network Architect six Fortune 100 enterprises
- Gartner Analyst - Networking, UC/CC, Security
- SD-WAN Experience - Started working on SD-WAN in 2012. Network Designs at: Large Retailers, Energy, Government
- 2019 World SD-WAN conference chair
CEO & co-founder | flexiWAN
- Dealing with SD-WAN since 2013
- Consultant to the largest SD-WAN conference in Europe
- Founder & CEO of SwitchRTC, acquired by YouNow Inc.
- Former VP Products & Marketing for Radvision Technology BU
Amir Zmora explaining about flexiWANs networking applications framework for SD-WAN & partnership with Enea
flexiWAN’s SD-WAN Pricing Explained – Learn about the 3 hosting options for flexiManage
Why using one bloated SW stack for all use cases is a compromise enterprises & SPs shouldn’t make